Monday, October 11, 2010

Emma

Obviously I have been negligent in my blog duties... this happens... a lot... with almost everything I do or start, but I always end up getting there. However we can talk about my commitment issues and faults later right now I would rather talk about Emma, an amazing book written by the one and only Jane Austen. Emma is my favorite book, while I love almost every book I've read Emma is my absolute favorite. And as has been my fashion over my last... three posts... well 2/3 posts I am going to quote some of my favorite sayings from Emma.

A few sentiments on luck and love:

"And have you never known the pleasure and triumph of a lucky guess? I pity you. I thought you cleverer; for depend upon it, a lucky guess is never merely luck."

"... but that I suppose there may be a hundred different ways of being in love."

"I am quite enough in love. I should be sorry to be more."

Now while the last may seem a bit cold if you knew what part of the story it was from you would understand and completely admire what was said and the way it was said. Anyways if I were to quote the anything from the end of the book it would be hard not to put whole paragraphs or pages up, sometimes its not the words that make the quote but the words around the quote that give it its meaning.

Well that is all for now - I promise to try and stay on top of this... key word TRY :)

3 comments:

  1. Brittany! Your blog looks beautiful! I love the new look and I love that you actually blogged! And i do hope you try and i do commend your efforts given i know how busy we all are. and this book sounds so good- i think ive wanted to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dea! I cannot believe you've commented on this already! I love you. And you should- I have it, once I get done reading it, again, I will send it your way. :) And thanks it took me forever to figure out why the picture wasn't showing up but then I realized why and I was like hey it worked. It made me super happy.

    ReplyDelete