
I am tall - I've always been the tallest of my friends, my family (until my younger sister passed me a couple years ago)and one of the tallest of my classmates, especially in elementary and middle school.
Being 5'9" can be a good thing - I can reach things on the top shelves at stores and get stuff down for my friends, I have long arms to reach in behind hard to fit places and overall its an alright deal.
However I never wanted to be taller than I already was - no matter how good heels could make my legs look I didn't want to wear them, especially since I was taller than most of the girls and a good chunk of the guys as it was. So no cute heels for prom, only buy jean brands that came in Longs, though preferably I need Extra Longs (which are only sold by brands that cost 75 dollars minimum - so I wear longs) and when prom dress shopping I had to be careful because some of the "long" dresses were too short and wouldn't fall where they were supposed to. So in the end I never really owned heels, my height and my clothes wouldn't allow it.
I would like to add that my sister KayKay is a real inspiration to me because she loves heels and doesn't care that she is tall instead she owns it and makes it look good. A lesson that I have just recently learned...
That is right I am here to tell you that at 19 years old I have found a pair of high heels that I love, I can move in them, they are beautiful and even though they add a good 3 to 4 inches I feel great. I almost didn't get them but when I asked my friend Megan if they made me too tall, her mom who was with us said "Never worry about being too tall." and that was it for me. I am officially over my hesitancy towards heels. If only I had listened to my sister these past two years I may not had had this problem.
I needed these heels for my FFA uniform this upcoming weekend to receive my American Degree at the FFA National Convention - that's right I am going to walk in those heels across stage in front of a ton of people from across the country and feel great - even if I trip. Now why I realize that not feeling comfortable in heels is a petty fear and that overcoming it is not really a big deal I feel as if it is going to lead to a lot more changes and has raised my confidence to a new level. And isn't that what growing up is about, realizing those things that made you self-concise in High School don't really matter and that you were just being silly? Well if it is then I must say I am getting more grown up every day.
Some people talk about finding the perfect little black dress, but I talk about finding my perfect little black heels.
P.S. My sister KayKay will be so proud that I blogged about a pair of shoes. lol.
ReplyDeleteheck yes i am!!!
ReplyDeleteOH YEAH BRITTANY! YOU GO GIRL! for the heels and blogging about them =]
ReplyDelete